Tuesday 21 February 2012

Turns out folk actually read this guff

I left the last post on a bit of a cliff hanger (Eastender type), since the split I have been living with friends back in my home town. J&M have been fabulous and very supportive, I couldn't begin to thank them enough and I will certainly never forget it (unless I end up with Dementia or get hit over the head or half drown leading to me suffering amnesia) where was I?
So I'm back at my old stomping ground, J and I went into town one Friday night, it was quite nostalgic, sat in the 'little' having a pint with a friend but I've been away that long I just didn't know anyone here. There once was a time, where I would finish work on a Friday get changed and head in to town, nothing planned, just head to one of the pubs and see who was out, you'd always find someone you knew and before you knew it it was 11:30 and the landlord was turfing you out. But not now, now I didn't know anyone and to top it off nobody kicked me out, I had to figure out I was drunk and ask myself to leave.
Still it was good to have a few beers with J and talk rubbish and have a laugh.
So, Whats the plan? My plan is to find someone in the town where I work who requires a flat mate then try and save up to get my own place....Simples? Not as it turns out!
I have come across some strange folk renting out rooms I have also come across a couple of nice folk renting out rooms, but you have to have cold hard cash in your hand as your being shown around other wise you miss out, I'm learning this the hard way.
Last Friday I viewed a property, it was a good price, the landlady was a young lass living with her boyfriend, both working full time, she was a student nurse but did other work on top......Hmm that sounded better in my head. she had a couple of other jobs on top of her studies is what I meant. I said I would take it, I informed her that Monday was pay day, so I would meet her on Monday to pay the bond etc. When Monday arrived I called to arrange to meet, then I was told a lady had turned up on the Sunday with cash in hand and taken the room......PANTS!
Still, I'd had a great weekend, two of my amazing friends G&J and their son B had come up from Suffolk for the weekend, so, like old times, we headed into town for a few beers, it was a laugh from start to finish and just what I needed, to finish off the weekend we met up again on the Sunday at the local play park, I had the boy, a few other friend where there, some with their kids. me and G decided it would be fun to have a go on the rip slide, G pushed me so much that when I got to the other end and the sudden stop I flew off the rip slide and landed on my arse. G thought this was very funny, especially as I now had my trousers full of bark. If only you knew the trouble he's got me into over the years and to be honest he's held on to the photo's of my 'stag do' for four and a half years, these might appear at some point in the future unless I can bribe him in some way.

There are new adventures to be had, and I intend on taking as many as I can over the next few years. Life is for living, we are not here to practise. The best part of going out with all the guys at the weekend, was that I was myself, I have not been me for years I forgot how funny I am (wind ya neck in I'm joking)

TTFN
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment