Wednesday 25 April 2012

Time for a RANT!!

Since July 2010 I have worked alone, I've not been part of a team, support was there if I went to it. So for two years, two long years I have got up every morning for work often I'm the first one in. I've worked late, I've gone beyond the call of duty. Why? Because I care, because I want 'my' service to be the best it can be for 'my' clients. It got to the point when I realised that being detached from an employer from an organisation became unbarable. So I made the steps to change it. I asked if it could be different?
Now that I am part of a team and have that support from an organisation, from other drug/alcohol professionals. 'my' service has gone out to tender, a tender which my new organisation does not want!
So what does this mean for me? Well, the new provider will not be likely to set up an office in Harrogate just for me! so that puts me back to working alone.

The commissioners have had two years to see me as a case study to see if the worker being detached from their organisation works. They have paid no attention. They failed to see what was under their nose. My stats faltered as soon as I was moved out of an organisation and lost that support. I kept my head above water and stopped the stats failing completely by going beyond the Monday-Friday 9-5. I do not have the energy or desire to carry that on.

I once loved this job, I had a passion, that passion has fuelled me for the last two years and now the tank is empty. I'm ready to walk away and I'll walk with no regrets and my head held high for what I have done in the environment I was left in. I will always be grateful for the support I received from those who were around me. I hope the new model works, I hope it works for the young people who rely on the service for support when they need it most. Even if I keep a job in September I'm not planning on sticking around, my time is done.

This is as polite as I can manage

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment