Saturday 17 March 2012

Hard Work & Determination Pay-off

It's a Friday afternoon, I'm sat in my car having 10 minutes to myself before my next client, as I check Facebook a friend posts to ask if there is anyone out there who would like to house share? An opportunity? I took a second or two to think, this would be much better for me, this friend works very hard and is very trust worthy and I'd be living with someone I know rather than a couple of strangers.
I reply to say I was interested, I'm not sure I hid my excitement very well though.
On top of all V's other qualities she is very organised and over the weekend emailed me some potential houses. By Monday afternoon, we had met for a coffee, I'd met her mum and arranged our first viewing. The house was nice but not quite all we'd hoped for.
Tuesday: We had arranged to meet to view another property, when we arrived there had been a mix up and the estate agent thought we where there to look at the 3 bed house opposite.
As it turned out this was to be a stroke of luck, the house was perfect, recently decorated and spread over 3 floors it was everything we'd hoped for.
We decided to give it some serious thought, if the numbers add up and the landlord allows the dog it was a goer!!
As I head back to work, I receive a phone call from one of the faith schools, this school is not one I visit regularly, for what ever reason, so I was interested to hear what the lady was calling about.
"Our school, will be joining up with Bryan Bounds, who has written a one man play called My Name Is Bill" she declared in a well pronounced voice. Now, I'd not heard of Bryan Bounds but I did recognise the title of the play. It's a true story about a man called Bill Woods, he lost his wealth during the Wall St collapse and fell into alcoholism, through this he set up a support group which went on to become Alcoholics Anonymous.
"Our School, would like to develop an educational package around this performance, and as your the local 'expert' we were wondering if you would be kind enough to help us?"
In the excitement of the new house I'll admit I was only half listening to the posh woman but I agreed to meet with her and Bryan which we would arrange via email to come to a mutually convenient time. Again I'll admit that when I put the phone down I'd already forgotten most of the conversation.
My Tuesday was to get even better. I sit down at my computer and log on to my emails. My boss has emailed to say that the personnel dept. of a large drug treatment charity would like to arrange a time on Monday to negotiate my contract and transfer of my service to their organisation.

This day brought so many things together, stuff I'd been working on for some time..Career opportunities, a move to a larger organisation where I could move up the ladder and somewhere to call home. All this has been my focus for some time and it all fell in to place... on the 13th March...My lucky day!!

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for a 7x7 award. Here is what you need to do. follow the rules bro

    http://wp.me/p1MMFL-6E

    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete